Wednesday, May 28, 2008
HALLELUIA!!!!
So we have gone through a couple of periods where Elli will be taking a bath and she'll get out in the middle of it to go to the potty. One of these moments happened earlier last week and I thought, you know, this week is supposed to be crappy weather and so I know that we are gonna be home for the whole week. So I decided to go ahead and buck up and go for the potty training. TUES Day ONE: Elina did great all day with constant reminders, until the evening. We were across the street sharing her success with her friends and I think she was coming to tell me she had to go, but I kept talking as I turned to watch her pee all over Roni's deck (at least she was outside I guess). So then we come home and she pees four more time on my floor within the next two hours. I considered myself relatively patient, until the third and fourth consecutive experience. Then I lost it and I was ready to give up. So we slapped her pj's and diaper on for the night anyways and she crashed early. So I told Roni my woes and she told me not to give up. Day TWO: only one accident, pullup for naptime, poopie in the pullup. Day THREE: probably a couple of accidents, no poopie. Day FOUR: my friend Susie comes over for a play day and Elina gets distracted, has a couple of accidents and so I put the pullup on her to eliminate the problem. Then all of a sudden I notice that she is nowhere in sight. So I call out her name, and she calls down from the upstairs. I go up there and she had taken her pants/panties off all by herself and proudly showed me her poopies in the potty!! I was stunned!!! And just think, had I not been distracted myself, I probably would've kept reminding and bugging her to go and she probably would've fought, which she is doing so well lately!!! Today we are on DAY NINE and she is doing great!! She doesn't want you anywhere close when she's going #2 in the potty which I think is so funny. And she is so tall that she's adamant about using the big potty and won't even use a stool for help. Crazy, crazy. So Halleluia!!! I think/hope the worst is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Way to go Ellie!!!!I knew she could do it.
Grammy
That is awesome!!! Good job Ellie
Yeah Ellie!!!!!! Yeah MOMMY!!! It'll only keep getting easier and easier from here on out. Congrats!
Tara
I am glad its still going good for you. its hard but totally worth it!
Whahoo for you. Sadie has mastered it also, I really believe it has to up to the child. THat is after all the reminding and feelings of anxiety that comes first.
Yay!
Post a Comment