Sunday, May 18, 2008

Elina's friends, potty, and "tutti" update

Due to popular demand--or just Spencer's opinion--I'm going to try to make my blog easier to read by reporting in more of a paragraph form :)



Here is the princess crown on my little potty princess! We had a small breakthrough--compared to the last potty story :) Elli went on the potty yesterday and I made big deal out of it for her. So I rewarded her again with the princess stickers, princess crown, and princess panties (who knew we'd be into disney princess everything!!) and she kept them on all morning. I reminded her to go potty twice, which she hesitatingly did, but nonetheless did--we even went for a walk and all, and she did great!! So for naptime I decided to put the pullups on, just in case we had an accident--but Elli had no desire to take a nap. I could hear her running and bouncing off the walls in her room. I left her window open because it was such a nice day, and so then when she heard her friends across the street she starts yelling from the window "Hello Kylie, Rissa--I'n just taking a nap!!!" .......Right.... so she skipped her nap--pooped in the pullups and was put back in the diaper so we could head out. So now she is proving that she is fully capable right? I just have to finally decide that we're done with diapers right? Right??? I guess I'm looking for some feedback. Anyways--also pictured are Elli's cute new best friends. In fact as she is goes through her hour bedtime ritual by herself in her room (by this time it's like 9:30 pm) I hear her up and about in her room saying "I go Kylie Rissa's house" over and over again. Watch out Roni--you might just end up with a fourth child!!
As for the tutti" update. Today is day 5 of the no binky whatsoever. I'd been really hesitant about taking it away because everything was just really easy with it--she went to bed like a champ and slept really well. It was working like a charm. So then we started enforcing the, only binky in bed rule. This in addition to the fact that she learned how to open our doors and decided that she didn't need to stay in her room when put there has made it so she'd rather be out of her room playing then go to bed with the binky. She started getting really really really difficult about going to bed. So after finally getting a child proof door knob thing, which keeps her in her room but doesn't make bedtime any easier I decided that if it was going to be hard, then we'll just make it really hard altogether. I took friend's advice and snipped the binky with scissors but it didn't really phase her--she kept using it. A couple days later, I snipped it again, this time in a more obvious place. So Ryan is putting her to bed--she sees the problem and tells daddy to get her tutti a "wambaid"-- Since then it is just "lost" (it really was lost after the wambaid but now I've decided to keep it lost from her). She has had a rough couple of days and still asks for it, but hopefully we are on the downstretch of the screaming bedtimes :) (For anyone still trying to figure out what the heck a tutti is--it is the Finnish word for pacifier.)

(So I keep trying to separate into paragraphs and it just won't let me, so I give up. At least I really did try Spencer, it looks like you'll just have to suffer with the rest of them (: )

2 comments:

Jodi Jo said...

I think that I told you this before, but my best advice would be to not put diapers back on. Even if you go out, but on pull ups, but tell her they are 'just in case' pants. Also, with Kayd, I had the cool alert ones that I put on her when we were out and about and that made her more aware of when she was going and she would tell me. Good luck. Potty training stinks.

Spencer said...

I don't know how my blog formatting suggestions got me dragged into a potty training update but I wish you nothing but the finest as you mold young minds (and bottoms).

Also, I'm sure Elina is going to be thrilled when she's 18 and can check out the archives of Mom's blog and read about the time she pooped in the pullups ;)