Saturday, May 3, 2008
Mouse update
I got some good comments on our mouse situation and just wanted to update everyone on what has happened--which has lead me to discover a newly found fear of mice, dead or alive!! So as you'll recall we stuck two traps in the crawl space and I've simply been scared to open that door and check the traps myself for fear of seeing a dead mouse I guess. So yesterday I finally get up the guts to open the door and look, since Ryan had so convienently forgotten to check them before he left for work. I mustered up all my courage and tried to prepare myself for seeing a dead mouse, only to be disappointed (I can't think of the right word/feeling) that the traps were set in place. So then without thinking more about it I was just gonna breeze over the two other traps that we'd laid out. As soon as I peered behind the stereo (where Ryan had first seen the mouse mind you--you were right on about mice being habitual Tara) there was our little friend--dead with it's neck snapped between the trap. (I realize that this description might be a little graphic, but maybe now you'll understand my newly found fear of dead mice!!!!) You know, it even took a moment to register that yes this is the mouse, and yes it is dead, and yes it is disgusting!!! Then I ran upstairs to my kids who were in the kitchen and I was just freaking out. Elina says "what's matter?" and I have no idea how to explain why mommy is freaking out to a two year old. Anyways, I call Jaci to see if Matt will come dispose of it and she tells me--without any hesitation "I'll just come do it." WOW--I felt silly about my newly found fear when for her it was no big deal. Don't get me wrong Jaci---I'm so grateful you came to my aid, too bad I'm too big of a sissy to do it myself :) So to make a long post short--Habitual mouse is caught, disposed of, and peanut butter works!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
oh yuck! I would probably react the same way Nina! What a great friend you have to do the dirty work!
Don't you love when husbands forget to do the dirty work. That is a great story. I also have moments where I freak out about things like that.
You know it's just nice to be a hero!! Just kidding, I used to love mice. When I was little we lived in the hills and had mice in our house, and I found a little nest of babies. I didn't tell my dad because I know what he does with mice. Then my brother found them and he'd get paid .50 cents for every dead mouse. So my parents took the babies for a walk that night. That was a sad day for me.
YEAH!!!! You will sleep so much better now! And don't feel silly -- even if I just see a mouse outside I still scream...and R--U--N !!! Glad you caught the little booger.
Tara
We caught 16 mice in 4 days when they started digging up the field by my house. I know how you feel. I would be upstairs and hear the two traps we set so off whith in 30 sec of each other. It was gross.
This post brings back BAD memories when we had a mouse problem in our provo house. I had to witness the same disgusting picture of dead mouse in trap...i had to clean it up and i WILL never do it again, mark my word!!
Hey Nina...I'm glad you found me. That's whats great about blogs! Your new little guy is really cute! Susie mentioned to me that you had a boy. Congrats! I'm right along with you about mice and other fun creatures. I make my husband kill all the bugs. Hope all is well!
Kim
Post a Comment