Thursday, May 1, 2008
A surprise visitor
So last night about ten o clock I'm sitting at the computer, catching up on my reading (of other friends blogs) when Ryan quickly says my name. I turn to look at him in the other room jumping off the couch and trying to see what it was that caught his eye. IT IS A BLASTED MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I start freaking out of course and feel like I could go into convulsions because I am so disgusted with this surprise visitor. We have only had one mouse problem in this house before--ironically enough on our first Halloween here (although maybe that isn't ironic), and we caught the one and only intruder with a day or two. So with this one, we figured out the little bugger ran into the crawl space and we plugged it up the best we could, while putting two mouse traps just inside the door baited with peanut butter (because I was told that works better than cheese). Fast forward to this morning--I left early early for my first dentist appointment in two years, and Ryan was left to check the four traps and deal with the problem. (Aren't I a sweet wife?) I haven't even wanted to open the crawl space to look, but Ryan said that dang mouse had eaten half the peanut butter off one of the traps (without the trap ever setting off mind you)--GRRRRR!!!!!! So now we just wait I guess--I get the shivers whenever I think about it so I'm trying to keep it out of my mind. This really just came out of nowhere--with the last one, I at least saw a bunch of poop everywhere that made me think something was up. Does anyone have a better suggestion than peanut butter and mouse traps??? And to think that I just got done putting all my food storage stuff in the crawl space--GRRRRR!!!!! At least they are all sealed, right? HELP!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
I don't know if I would be able to contain myself if I found a mouse in our house. Knock on wood but we have lived her 4 years without. My heart goes out to you.
eww.....that is so nasty!!! I cant deal with creepy rodants
can you add my vinyl link to your page to spread the word? Thanks
I feel your pain. When we lived at our old house in Spanish Fork they tilled up the field in front of our house to start building more homes. We, as well as a number of other neighbors, became the new homes for all the field mice. Our food storage was NOT all "mouse proofed." We have since learned our lesson -- everything in containers like tupperware with lids -- ESPECIALLY toilet paper! (Mice use it to build nests). And no, peanut butter really is the best. One suggestion -- put the traps where you find the droppings. Mice are habitual.
Post a Comment