So for Elina's actual birthday--which was more than a month ago--we headed out to see the Draper temple for the open house. And it was beautiful!!! I had the privilege of seeing some of it earlier when I volunteered for a morning, but Elina was so excited to go to Jesus' house on her birthday :) This last week has been so neat--with the temple dedication and youth temple celebration fireside, I just feel so lucky to be here at this time to take part in all this. Come up to the mountain of the Lord was the theme introduced tonight for this celebration, and as they outlined the program consisting of 8000-10000 youth singing and dancing/performing for the prophet inside the conference center--I was overwhelmed with the spirit for this once in a lifetime opportunity. My thoughts have been drawn to the temple now for this last little while, and I feel blessed with the insight I've received. I truly am so grateful for the temple, and for my Savior, and for the gospel in my life--all of which give me a joy and a peace that is impossible to find anywhere else in this world.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Draper Temple
So for Elina's actual birthday--which was more than a month ago--we headed out to see the Draper temple for the open house. And it was beautiful!!! I had the privilege of seeing some of it earlier when I volunteered for a morning, but Elina was so excited to go to Jesus' house on her birthday :) This last week has been so neat--with the temple dedication and youth temple celebration fireside, I just feel so lucky to be here at this time to take part in all this. Come up to the mountain of the Lord was the theme introduced tonight for this celebration, and as they outlined the program consisting of 8000-10000 youth singing and dancing/performing for the prophet inside the conference center--I was overwhelmed with the spirit for this once in a lifetime opportunity. My thoughts have been drawn to the temple now for this last little while, and I feel blessed with the insight I've received. I truly am so grateful for the temple, and for my Savior, and for the gospel in my life--all of which give me a joy and a peace that is impossible to find anywhere else in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment