What a fun vacation--and the best part: NO KIDS!!! A huge shoutout goes out to my friend Brenda for planning and inviting me to join her at the Indian Wells tennis tournament. For anyone who follows the ATP or WTA--this tournament is amazing. I felt like I was at a grand slam (even though I've never actually been to one to compare it to). We were able to see all the tennis pros, Federer and Nadal, in such an up close and personal setting, it was sooooo fun. I am coming to love this sport more and more and have a big desire to take it on as my second sport--but we'll see what kind of a learning curve I have with it. :)

We only had a couple chances to actually play, and even though I got schooled--it made me want to get even better!!

I honestly don't remember who played in this match, but I'm thinking it might have been Federer--who is Brenda's and my all time favorite tennis player. I actually didn't think he had a fan bigger than me, but Brenda proved me wrong!!!

We kept scoping out the practice courts to hopefully catch Roger Federer when he was practicing, and actually got to see him for every practice session--I even got his autograph 3 times (1 for me, and 2 signed on my two balls for my kids). He truly is amazing to watch, and completely inspiring--I would even say a genuine specimen of the game!!! I really can't think of too many other big celebrities I'd get star struck for, but he is definitely one of them!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment