Friday, November 7, 2008

My project

So I believe that I've made previous comments about my desire to increase our food storage. Well I think I've figured out a way that won't make my husband role his eyes everytime I bring it up. And a big thanks goes to Arianne for helping me--she took the time to show me how she coupons!!! and I have to say, that I'm a believer!!!

I got tagged recently to share some weird/random things about me, which I'll get to one of these days Leisha :) but I think you could say that this goes on my list. I get the biggest satisfaction in knowing that I got the most for my money, like spending $.09 for deodorant or wishbone salad dressings. So here is a picture of my latest project--I call it a project because it took me about 2 full days to plan out my trip to the grocery store to make the most out of my coupons and grocery store promo. I was so proud that for every $30 I was technically spending on the promo stuff, I was actually paying less than $10!!! and I did that with 6 different transactions and even left the store with and extra $15 cash!!!! (due to a long drawn out process at customer service :) ) So if you do the math--I was paying less than a third for what it was all worth--what it was worth on sale even. All in all, money well spent--most of which adds to my food storage.



If anyone seems to be remotely interested in the prospect, I'd be happy to share my newly gained knowledge !!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jonie said...

This is amazing!!! My concern is the prep work to get ready, do you think that it will get faster or will it always take this long? I am sooooo impressed.

Anonymous said...

YES! Share!

Mindy said...

ok, I have been trying to use coupons and use the Walgreens/CVS deals but that purchase is amazing. Please email me some advice! petersonmindy at hotmail dot com