Friday, November 7, 2008

FHE

I've had a sweet experience this week in our attempts :) to hold family home evening with a toddler and a baby. Usually, attention span is only long enough for us to pick a picture out of our church photos and talk about the picture--but this week I had an idea. I chose the picture about Christ coming to visit the Nephites, talked about it (to which Elina was actually very attentive), and then told her I had a surprise. I turned on the last chapter segment of "the Testaments" movie that actually depicts this scene. Elina was glued--Jesus really seemed to come alive for her. Afterwards, I was able to bare my testimony, not only to her, but to my family--which is not something that I really get to do that often, and I can truly tesify that a testimony is definitely strengthened in the bearing of it!! Elina didn't really understand why I was crying, and was trying to figure out why mommy was "sad". :) --But I know that as hard as it is to do every week, when we make the effort to hold FHE it really strengthens our family. The best part is that she wants to "watch Jesus" like 20 times a day at least --and without fail, everytime we watch, we/I feel the Spirit and I feel it testifying to me of our Savior, and I know that he knows me and loves me personally. It is such an awesome feeling and is like my pick me up for the day. So anyways, just wanted to share what's been in my heart lately :)

2 comments:

Jonie said...

I loved this post and I love that you bore your testimony to your family which is something I would like to try. Thank you for the post and for sharing.

Alyssa said...

Reading that gives me some home about our FHE attempts. . .if you can even call them attempts.