Saturday, October 18, 2008
Zion!!
Well we had a great weekend in Zion visiting Karina. She has about 2 more weeks left at this job and has a residential employee house in the park all to herself--which is the only reason that my children were invited :) Unfortunately, Ryan wasn't able to come/decided not to come so I went with my parents. Some highlights...
#1--by far, Angel's Landing hike--I've never done anything like this hike before, and like my dad called it, it was truly the "hike of a lifetime"
#2--The animals were awesome!! We actually got to see a turkey vulture along this part of the angels' landing hike, and it was literally like 10 feet from the trail--just perched on the cliff not even caring about all the people going by. We also saw the wild turkeys, a wild tarantula, and plenty of deer.
#3 Tyler's pretty tights !! It was actually quite cold on this weekend down there, so I packed Elina's old tights, not really intending to use them on Tyler, but then it turned out he needed them. If I can say I learned one thing from my mom's finnish heritage it's how to dress/overdress my kids in the cold weather. Well, his pants were supposed to be packed with us. But I knew he'd fall asleep in the car on our drive to the east side of the park so I left the pants off so he wouldn't get hot in the car. However, when we were ready to do the river walk, Tyler's pants were no where to be found--so I did my best to cover him up with the blanket until I realized that I had changed the poor kids diaper for like 6 hours and he was completely soaked. Way to go Nina!!
#4--Just being with my family, it has definitely been a while since we all were even on vacation together, and I'm sure it will be another while before it happens again. Hopefully next time, Ryan will make the effort to come :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment