Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh when we were young..... :)









Today is our 4 year anniversary....oh the good old days when we were young!! :) Maybe one of these days I'll figure out the slideshow thing, but for now I gotta post all the pics separately.
I have had a lot of time to reflect today--reflect on what was literally the best decision in my life. I even found an old letter that I had written to Ryan when we first started dating (for the second time). I barely remember writing it, but am so glad that he kept it. Our story definitely is one of timing. Ryan and I met when he was set up with my roommate/teammate. While things never materialized between the two, Ryan and I had classes together and he finally got up enough guts to ask me out. To make a long story short, timing wasn't right initially....it only took another 3-4 years after that for our relationship to click and it was all over from there. I look at where I am now, four years later, and am grateful beyond expression for my husband. For the fact that he never gave up on a friendship that ended up blossoming and has become so beautiful and precious to me. I know I don't tell him enough, so here is my public declaration:
RYAN--you are the best thing that has ever happened to me!! I love you with all my heart and don't know what I would do without you in my life!!! You are such a strength to me and to our family and I absolutly adore you!!! Thank you--thank you for choosing me :)

11 comments:

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Your wedding pics are gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!!

Jonie said...

I absolutely love the wedding pictures. Your dress was beautiful!

Aubri n Scott said...

Happy anniversary! Today is My 16th
!!!

Helen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Brooke said...

Fun to remember your wedding - I thought "she wasn't THAT much younger" when I saw your title...but then I remember how much life ages us after we have kids. I found out that I was pregnant w/ Brandon right after returning from your wedding that month. Crazy.

anyway, your wedding was beautiful and you two were/are such a great couple. Love you!

Jason and Kristin said...

I am in love with your pictures! They are awesome. Happy Anniversary!

Lindsay said...

You did look beautiful!!! Congrats.

Lindsy Hartsock said...

hey i ran into goodie today and she was talking about playing vball with you on some teams...I'm sure you already have the teams all set, but if you ever need a sub or something, let me know :) I miss it a ton, specially this time of year.

Dave & Jada said...

I am so happy for you guys. Hey, the best things come to those who wait. Y'all are so cute together and I am glad patience was on his side. There is a country song out now about "waiting on a women" it never ends. And thank goodness they love us enough to put up with it.

The Tait Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved all the pictures. Here's to many more great years!!

Lynndi said...

Nina you are so stinkin' cute. It is so fun to see your family. I am so glad I ran into your blog. I love being able to catch up. I have a blog too and would love to have you visit. It is private so I need you to email me at lynndiw@gmail.com so I can let you in. This is why I love blogging. I can find long lost friends from High school!!
Lynndi Tye Wilson