Sunday, March 16, 2008

I've been tagged!




Ok so thanks to Emily I have been tagged! After thinking long and hard about this one, the 5 most random facts about me.

1. I don't know why but I actually enjoy typing. In high school I had a data entry job that helped me improve my typing skills, and for whatever reason I got so much satisfaction at seeing myself enter in an entire data entry batch faster than the time before--maybe it was just that I got paid more for doing more. Anyways--my freshman year college roomate came into our dorm room one night to see me practicing my ten key by typing numbers from a phone book sitting in my lap. She thought I was the weirdest person ever.


2.A couple of annoying habits of mine that anyone who has lived with me can attest to knows that I occasionally make the ugliest noise in the entire world to scratch my itchy throat. I don't even know how to describe it and can't remember when I started it--but it really is ugly. Another annoying habit of mine is the constant nail/cuticle biting. I've even tried to stop before, but I guess for me it is almost like an addiction.


3. I love to travel--I think that came from the volleyball days. Who knew that I would have been able to see so many places all thanks to a little white ball. Now I suppose you could say I live that dream vicariously through my sister--since she is still our world traveler. Travelling is honestly what I want to do more than anything with my husband when he retires--hopefully we'll be able to take a few trips before retirement though :) I do have to say that I do have the best two reasons in the world for staying put (three if you include my husband) and here they are (as pictured above).

4. I go through various phases to try and become more domestic. I've had the cross stitching phase, the looming hats phase, a cooking phase--thanks to the neighborhood cookbook, and some other things. My latest interest has been food storage. After having numerous conversations with several different friends I've decided that it is time for me to start. After hearing so much about the shortage of wheat--I now have some--with wheat grinder and everything. I got really motivated to get some for my family after taking a bread making class that taught me how I would actually use it to make bread in 1 hour. Today was my first go at making the bread and it was all delicious--I made homemade pizza, breadsticks, cinnamon twists, and a loaf of bread. Thank you Mindy Spencer!!

5.I suppose the last thing I'll share about myself are some of my favorite things in the whole world. Raspberry lemonade from the Pizza Factory, pina colada flavor anything, the bahama mama sno cone flavor at the sno shack by Scera pool in Orem, Blue Bell ice cream--although most any ice cream will do, the piano, volleyball, my kids' smiles, BYU, and vacations!!!

Now after my long novel I suppose it's my turn to tag people: Brooke, Mindy, Jaci, Natalie, and Stephanie

2 comments:

Bryan, Natalie, Maya and Little B said...

Oh yeah, the itchy throat noise. You still do that? Ha!

I'm totally into food storage right now too. And I hear that the price of wheat is going to skyrocket here soon, so I thought I would pick some up from the cannery. Would you mind sharing your new bread making knowledge with me sometime?

Jaci Moore said...

K, I just did my tag thing, plus once you were at my house using the computer and you were typing, and I was just thinking, are you kidding that's so fast!! I didn't say much about it, but have always thought you typed really fast and were a little jealous!