Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Who knew your sweet little babies world would be totally different as soon as she turned two--Literally it feels like to the day. All of a sudden the meltdowns are becoming too many to count on a daily basis. Elina is also into the I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!!! So heaven forbid that mommy doesn't let her pour the gallon of milk onto her own cereal--which then turns into the end of the world for the next twenty minutes. Or when mommy breaks the gum in half, and she didn't get to do it--again, the end of the world. She is also a fan of running around the house naked after her morning bath and then refuses to get dressed. I swear it takes us all morning to just get clothes on and ready for the day. But her sense of independence has also increased as she is now sleeping in her big girl bed. The transition for her was quite smooth--thank goodness. In fact the other night Ryan went in to put some of her laundry away at about 10:30 pm. Well it woke her up and she said "Dad, go out, my sleeping!!!" Her intelligence is really quite amazing to me. Some of you might also know that she got a puzzle of the United States for Christmas. I generally assumed that I'd pack it away and pull it out when she was like five, but she kept wanting to do it over and over. She became obsessed with it so to speak in that now she knows where every picture (associated with the state) goes on the puzzle. She truly amazes me. Our next project of potty training will be starting at some point. Does anyone have any ideas or hints on how to train these kids? I'd definitely appreciate the advice!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Nina, so funny, because while I was reading about your potty training project I was startled by some grunting behind me. I turned to see Sadie making a stinky. She turned 2 in Oct. and I do not know if she has expressed interest or just likes running around diaperless. After unsuccessfully trying with Savannah RIGHT when she turned 2, I decided to wait a few months and she did it all by herself. I think I will let Sadie do the same. Every child is different. My only suggestion is do not stress them out.
Good luck.
oh, the joys of age 2! hand in there, but so glad to hear she's in the big girl bed!!!
p.s. put some glasses on your snowman! It'll finish it off!
Post a Comment