Sunday, August 23, 2009
2:01.14
I can hear my kids singing Dora's "we did it, we did it" and we really did!! My sister, my cousin Teresa and I did it--we completed our first half marathon ever!!! Our goal was basically to finish--but once I saw my time I was a little bummed. Bummed only because I got the worst side ache I've ever experienced the last third or a mile or so and it basically dropped my pace in half. I was trying to hold onto my side so tight to lessen the pain but I was still groaning every three steps. So here's two hints: Don't start at the back of the pack because then you have a really slow first mile :) and don't get a side ache during your last mile :) Had I followed that advice I might have broken the 2 hour mark. As it stands, I'm still very happy with how I ran. 2:01.14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I think you did awesome, the question now is will you ever do it again?
WOW!!!! I don't think my creaky knees and ankles would ever be up for a run that long!
Post a Comment