Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The temple!!!



Even though my eyes are closed I'm posting the picture because we don't get that many family pictures taken anymore it seems :)
What a blessing it is for us to experience the opening of a second temple within the same year in the same valley. I truly feel that the Lord is pouring out blessings for us in these hard times. Being that Ryan is a business owner in South Jordan, he was invited to tour the temple during the VIP week and we were so blessed to be able to join him. The Oquirrah (no idea if it is spelled correctly) temple is absolutely stunning!!! One thing I particularly enjoyed was that they were able to point out things to us and talk more in detail throughout the various rooms of the temple, most likely the benefits of getting VIP week. I have also been recently uplifted and edified to have been able to witness the Draper Youth Temple Celebration held at the Conference Center last Friday night. Now that I am serving in the Young Women's we have had several months of rehersals in preparation for this event and it was absolutely fantastic. I was so proud of the youth and our youth who participated. The Spirit was overwhelming and I know that testimonies were strengthened, mine certainly was. It seems that the temple has been constantly on my mind since we have moved to our new area, with the Draper temple dedication, youth temple celebration, a YW lesson, and even giving a church talk all pointed to the temple--I think it's finally sinking into my mind that I/we need to go to the temple as often as we can. My little sister recently took out her endowments and it was amazing to all be in the temple together as a family for the first time. We are definitely seeing so many blessings in having the temple in our lives. I love the peace that comes when I go and just wanted to share my experiences. I love the temple!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: